Saturday, February 11, 2012

No Means… Nose?


My baby boy is 14 months old and has a pretty limited vocabulary. He pretty much only knows how to say “dada” and “dog”. Recently though, he has started showing some signs of understanding words describing parts of the face. In particular, he seems to understand the word nose. When you ask where his nose is, he points to his.

The other day I was making coffee while keeping an eye on Luke and I suddenly realized he was sticking his fingers in a socket. I said “Luke, NO!” very forcefully and he immediately stopped what he was doing, looked at me, and stuck his finger up his nose. He does this now every time someone says “no”. “No” apparently means sticking one’s finger up one’s nose.

On the bright side, when we say “no”, at least his nose picking interrupts whatever naughty or dangerous thing he was doing that we wanted him to stop. 



No comments:

Post a Comment