Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy Shopping Experience


While Puerto Princesa has many virtues, shopping options on the island are rather limited. I know a lot of you would argue that this lack of retail establishments is a virtue, and generally I would agree. I miss a lot of things about NYC but I don’t miss how consumer-driven it is. However, I do still very much enjoy the occasional shopping trip, and I like getting cute stuff for my boy. So I was super happy a few months ago when my friend NiƱa introduced me to the fabulous online store Mothering Earthlings. I loved the cute things available on the site and enjoy reading the owner, Rone Guerrero’s blog about her adventures with her “earthlings”.

In anticipation of our upcoming vacation in Cape Town, South Africa, I just ordered Luke a pair of shoes (he generally goes barefoot here but CT will be much cooler than Palawan) as well as a travel pillow for the long plane rides. I was excited to find the package waiting for me when I got home from running errands today. And happily, Luke has also enjoyed this shopping experience. He’s been playing with the box and paper packaging his new shoes came in for the last 45 minutes. I know there’s a Mastercard Priceless ad in here but I want to get this blog uploaded before Luke looses interest.

Anyway, the next time you need great kids stuff, check out Mothering Earthlings. They deliver internationally, too.


In the meantime, some photos of the little man enjoying his “toys”:                  



3 comments:

  1. Wow, that got to you super fast. Thank you so much for the post. It is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Jen, I regularly do and he giggles like crazy. Apparently fat thighs are very ticklish!

    ReplyDelete