Monday, March 5, 2012

Mama Abuse


This morning Luke and I were cuddling on our bed.  He was humoring me but he really wanted to get off the bed and walk around so he was being fidgety and flopping around. He dropped his head forward just as I angled my face towards him, and our heads banged together pretty hard. I felt an intense pain above my left eye, and as I was wiping involuntary tears from my eyes, I looked at Luke and saw that his face had crumpled up as well. I tried to cheer him up as we both cried, but it was clear we were both in pain. After a couple minutes I calmed him down and a few minutes after that, he was giggling again. I, however, had developed a headache that still hasn’t gone away now, a few hours later. I looked in the mirror minutes after our head collision and saw a bruise developing. Hours later it is a full-fledged black eye. Or black eyebrow anyway, because it is only above my eye. My boy sure has a hard head!!

My mom says when I was his age I (accidentally) broke her nose. My friend Joanna commiserated that she’s suffered a bruised lip, and a head butt to her teeth (ouch!). My friend Chi warned me that bite marks would soon come, although biting actually started a few weeks ago. (Luke has broken the skin on both Marcus’ arms and mine!) Parental Abuse!! 

What abuse have all of you endured from your little ones?

4 comments:

  1. take comfort that they're never usually intentional :) in fact my injuries caused by the kids are always the ones that happen when they weren't looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, where do I begin? They always seem to crush my toes. I got a dead toe nail last year because of my 4 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny you should mention this--I just suffered a painful head-butt from my nephew Niko last week. My lip is still swollen!

    ReplyDelete