Thursday, November 1, 2012

Ouch!


Today is the first day of November and the start of a very rare 5 day weekend. The last couple of weeks have been incredibly busy and exhausting so I was really looking forward to some down time and to be able to get organized and tackle some projects I’ve wanted to start for a few months.

Well, I have certainly had some down time today! In fact I haven’t really left my bed for nearly 24 hours. Unfortunately I pulled a muscle in my inner left thigh / groin area while flying back to Puerto from Manila yesterday (I crossed my legs and bam, pain!) Last night the pain got progressively worse and this morning I couldn’t walk at all. I can’t straighten my left leg and I haven’t been able to find any relief from the pain. No matter if I am sitting, lying or standing, I am in pain. I’ve been reading up a lot on this and it seems like it is a pulled groin muscle or round ligament pain – both very common among pregnant women, especially as bellies get larger and there’s more strain on the pelvic muscles. Unfortunately it seems like most people have to just wait out giving birth before this improves. Since I still have about 2.5 months to go, I really hope this is not the case for me and that I’ll heal and improve! Bed rest today has not been fun but I am just forcing myself to rest and recuperate and am hoping and praying for the best! 

No comments:

Post a Comment