Monday, August 20, 2012

Breastfeeding Bloopers

In honor of August being breastfeeding awareness month, Jenny at Chronicles of a Nursing Mom is teaming up with Rone of Mothering Earthlings to showcase their readers' breastfeeding bloopers. Some of these stories are really funny - check them out!

I breastfed Luke until he was 14 months old, and while I didn't always love the experience, I am glad I managed to do it for that long. I have many embarrassing stories of breastfeeding bloopers but through I'd share the one I entered for this contest:



You know that screaming, inconsolable baby on the flight who just will not stop crying? Well, that was my son Luke when he was about 4 months old, on a flight from Manila to Palawan. We were sitting on the runway in Manila waiting for our turn to take off and he just would not stop screaming. I always breastfed him at take off and landing when we flew to help prevent pain in his ears from the pressure changes and on this flight I was *really* trying to get him to breastfeed so he would stop crying. I forced him on to my boob and he nursed for about 10 seconds – just long enough to get milk flowing – then decided he’d rather be crying his head off instead and resumed the screaming. So there we were. Screaming baby. All the passengers infront of us and around us staring with very irritated expressions. And me, boob exposed, milk spurting from said exposed boob, frantically trying to get my baby to latch on. Not so fun!

To keep on with breastfeeding month, here is a photo of me breastfeeding Luke at Coco Loco, one of the resorts here in Palawan we like going to.





What are some of your breastfeeding bloopers? :)


1 comment:

  1. From Sara:

    One night I was so tired and baby number 2 started crying. My husband got him from the crib and lay him next to me. I tried to get him to latch but he wouldn't latch nor stop crying. Finally hubby whispered to me that I was trying to feed the wrong kid...Baby number 1 (who was 3 then and definitely NOT breastfeeding anymore) was also next to me, thankfully fast asleep.

    ReplyDelete