Monday, May 14, 2012

Mama's Day


Yesterday I celebrated my second mother’s day. It was a pretty fantastic day. It started off with a wonderful card that Marcus and Luke made, followed by baking my boys muffins, with some help from the little man:

Mixing the dough...


All smiles for mama.


Ok dada, I'll smile at you, too.


After breakfast I went to church, where the youth group had a special presentation for all the moms who attend. It was really sweet.

A selection of the mother's day messages from the youth. Some were kind of funny.


At the end they flipped the messages and had this beautiful giant banner/card.



When I got home from church, we packed up and headed to Honda Bay for some fun in the sun:

Luke loves the sand!


Love this little boy so much...



It’s pretty awesome to have a day in the year to honor our mothers as well as the mama figures in our lives. Yesterday was a little bittersweet as I wasn’t with my mom (she’s on vacation in the US right now) and as I remembered my Lola Alice, who passed away last February, and my mom’s best friend, Susan Smyly, who was like my mom in NYC and who passed away 3 years ago.

Of course because of the work I do, I also thought about the 11 Filipina women who die everyday from preventable complications from pregnancy or childbirth. We must pass the RH Bill!! Check out some coverage of the one of the Mother's Day activities that pro-reproductive health groups in Manila staged over the weekend. 

To all the mama and mama figures out there – hope you had a fantastic Mother’s Day!  


2 comments:

  1. Love this! And Luke is now wearing Sean and Josh's swimsuit...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ate, the swimsuit is even a bit tight over Luke's belly!!!

    ReplyDelete