Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

After almost 4 weeks of traveling and 6 flights, 4 ferry rides, a bus ride and a car ride, on August 16, 2009, the Team Swangelista Summer 2009 Odyssey came to an end. That morning we flew from Manila to Puerto Princesa and we're finally home.

For the first week in Palawan, we stayed with my mom and dad as we got some basic necessities set up in our new house. Marcus’ good friend from university and Taiwan days, Alan, arrived for a visit a few days after we arrived, and was a trooper with helping us get settled in our new home.

We finally moved into our place on August 25th and it feels amazing. Our house was designed by my favorite architect – my brother, Alex. It is beautiful and airy and spacious and is the first house that Marcus and I have ever lived in together. In addition to the lovely design of the house, it also has a spectacular view of Puerto Princesa and of Honda Bay. Every morning when I wake up and gaze out the window I am amazed by the beauty of it all. Some days it still feels surreal to be here and I’m not sure it has really sunk in that this is where we live now… but we are here and happy and thankful for this new chapter in our lives!

We’ve begun the Roots of Health work, and I invite you to read all about it in my blog devoted to the organization - http://rootsofhealthphilippines.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment