Tuesday, May 5, 2009

May!

I cannot believe that it is already early May!
I have only 3 more days left of being in my late 20s. So not ready to be 30 yet.
So let's pretend that's not happening...

Marcus and I are back in NYC after an amazing weekend in Charleston, South Carolina. We went to attend the wedding of our friends Ann and Cody. The wedding was so beautiful. Ann looked absolutely stunning and Cody looked so handsome. They really make such a beautiful pair. I feel so lucky to have been part of their special day. It was so great to be there, and to meet their families and other friends. It was also really wonderful to spend the weekend celebrating with dear friends who we don't get to see often enough: Ann, Cody, Sabrina, Scott, Lee, Michelle, Thon, Caroline and Nikola.

In addition to having a blast at all of Ann and Cody's wedding activities, we also really enjoyed being in Charleston. The city is so charming and historic and we really loved being able to walk around the downtown area and just take in all the sights. We took a carriage ride through the city and also went on a harbour tour that showcased the city's skyline and took us past Fort Sumter (the site of the start of the "Northern War of Aggression" - aka the Civil War). We also got to meet dear friends of my brother's - Tim and Judith. We so loved hanging out with them and wished we could have spent more time together. I wish the weekend could have just gone on and on and on...

But I suppose vacations and special occasions wouldn't be so special if they happened with regularity. I'm not too bleak that the weekend is over because there are many more fun events coming up to look forward to. My parents fly in tomorrow and I am so excited to see them. Then it's that event that I'd rather not really think about (although it is a good excuse to get together with everyone and party!). And then the weekend after that, Sabrina and Scott are tying the knot. Lots of fabulousness to look forward to :)

Ok, some photos.

The newlyweds:






New York ladies (even though C and N have deserted us!):


Me and my honey:


My girls and some fabulous guys, too:





1 comment: